Tuesday, February 26, 2008

One Year Ago Today





Cady's adoption was official one year ago. Life is busy and time has flown. I sat down to update the blog and I couldn't even remember my user name or password. (Is anybody reading this?)

Cady really is a perfect child, she's simply a delight. I can't believe that it's been a year already, but in a way I don't remember life without her.

Here are some updates:

*Cady started walking at 18 months. I was so relieved! Recently she has found a new speed. I wouldn't call it running, but she's got a cute little bounce to her second gear. She hasn't quite learned to jump up off the ground, but the last time we were at Monkey Joe's she was getting the hang of bouncing up and down.

*Chewing is becoming more efficient now that Cady has 11.5 teeth. After the front 8 came in the back 4 molars appeared. And, by the way (and just to give more evidence of her perfection), teething is never accompanied by fussiness. Sometimes she'll have a runny nose or chew on her fingers when a tooth is coming in, but mostly we don't know until we see it. Meal time is never a battle. She still doesn't like green beans and she's not especially fond of brussel sprouts (one of Lexi's favorites!), but other than that she'll eat what we give her.

*She weighs at least 30 pounds. We haven't weighed her since October when she was 27 pounds with a cast on. (yes, poor thing broke her arm. She fell off the end of our bed. Head first over the foot board.) She still carries that squeezable baby fat. Her thighs are very pinchable, she just laughs and laughs.

*Cady's verbal skills are coming along. She will attempt most words you ask her to say. She loves to point to each member of the family and name them. Lexi is "Sissy" (which I'm not real crazy about, but "Lexi" is a hard word for a baby to say so I'm biting my tongue for now). She is still using a few signs, her favorite has always been eat. She also likes to name body parts and count (un, ew, ee). It's so cute. Lexi gets excited when she can get Cady to say a new word, sometimes she's a little too persistent.

*We are down to just one nap a day. This is a good thing because we were stuck at home alot while Cady had her 2 long naps each day. She usually sleeps for 2 hours in the afternoon and then goes to bed at 7:30 each night. She wakes up between 7 and 7:30 in the morning. Still loves her warm milk first thing in the morning and right after naps.

*Fear is not a factor for Cady. She climbs tall playground equipment and slides down the steepest slides. She loves swinging and riding fast in her car around the neighborhood.

*Cady's favorite toys are ones that sing or make noise. She loves to push buttons, play with dishes and dolls, and read books. Balls are another fav.

There is so much more to say about our sweet Cady Lin, but I'll end with some pictures.


September 2007


December 2007

January 2008



February 2008



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK - I LOVE the pic of Lexi's face smashed flat by Cady who is perched on top like the best of wrestlers. :) Too cute!

Paul, Heather, Ryleigh and Dylan said...

Hi Jen,
Yes, some of us are still reading! I check your blog every once in awhile to see if you've posted anything new. I was pleasantly surprised to see new photos today. The girls are SO precious. I'm sorry I missed you during our last visit with Matt & Shelly. I was happy to see Cady, though. She noticed Ryleigh as soon as we walked into Sabbath school. Cady stood next to us for a moment, almost as if to say..."you look familiar." It was so cute. I believe Shelly told you that we recently received a referral for a boy from Vietnam. He turned 4 months yesterday and we are hoping/praying we'll travel in the next couple months. My girlfriend helped me "start" a blog last night. It's going to take some practice on my part, but I hope to have it somewhat mastered before we travel. I plan to do it by invitation only until we arrive back home.

Enjoy your time with the girls!!!

Heather Bergmann